Here is the recipe to my oats muffins , no flour no sugar. If you are vegan you can also just omit the egg & honey, the banana is enough to bind the muffins.Also these muffins are very sweet even without the honey, do you know why? because of the dates + bananas. I advice you use very very ripe bananas if you will substitute the honey. The riper the sweeter the banana is. You can also use your choice of milk but I prefer coconut milk here more the smell than anything else.
These muffins are so versatile, you can add blueberries, peanut butter, avocado (yes see those here) . Just add whatever taste you want and enjoy!
- 2 ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon Honey (optional)
- 7 dates
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray or muffin cups
- Blend the milk, bananas and dates until smooth. Grind 2 cups of the oats to make a flour. Save half cup to fold into the batter.Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, and add in the extra oats.
- Grease or spray your muffin tray, or line them with muffin cups. Fill them with the batter , not all the way to the top. At this point you can add in any additions, some chopped nuts or chocolate chips.Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.
You can add berries or berry sauce before popping into the oven.