I give you a Spicy Pork belly Recipe that is so good!
This pork belly is very spicy and is intended to be because of the sauce that will remain behind will be used to eat flat bread or any kind of bread.I made Chapati to go with this.The meat will be so tender and just melts in your mouth from all the time of just slow roasting in the oven.You can leave it in the oven for up to 3 hours and oh my goodness, how tender it will be! Definitely make it when you can just go about doing other things and come back to find your meal ready! Isn’t this what we love?
Be very generous with the spices because like i said earlier you need it to be spicy; So it should project a lot of flavor.
Use your baking dish/casserole dish.Add your chopped onions, leeks, garlic, ginger and chili. Remove.Remove the seeds from the chili if you can’t handle heat.
Spicy Pork Belly
- 2 kgs Pork Belly
- 1 white Onion cut in half and sliced
- 2 leek branches slide
- 2 tablespoons of ginger minced
- 1 garlic crushed
- handful of cardamom crushed
- a few peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Fennel seeds
- salt to season
- 5 star anises
- 4-5 rosemary twigs
- 1 chili halved,seeds taken out and chopped
- Bone broth/Chicken/beef stock(Enough to cover your meat)
- Wash your pork and using a sharp knife make small slits on the skin.Season very generously with salt
- Taking your baking dish/whatever you will use to bake, place on top of the stove and add the fennel seeds. Let them roast about 1 minute
- Add the pork, and brown it, turning it for a few minutes
- Add all the chopped ingredients and spices. After a few minutes, about 4 minutes,pour in the stock.The stock should cover all the meat and just the skin should be visible.
- Let simmer for a rough 5 minutes and pop it in the oven
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 hours
- Serve with a salad of choice.