This is one of my favorite healthy snacks, In case you are thinking “cheese, is this healthy?” This really depends on your average daily food intake. If you are eating healthy overall then a little cheese sprinkled here and there is healthy. But if you are eating unhealthy already, that is, junk, too much food, and unnecessary processed food then this is not your healthiest option.
Grate/process in a food processor the broccoli (1 head broccoli). Season it with salt and black pepper. Break an egg in there and add about 100 grams shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until well incorporated. You can add a few tablespoons of breadcrumbs to help them hold their forms. Using your hands, shape each into a fritter (see picture below). Then just bake them for 20 minutes and they are good to be devoured! You can use your favorite sauce/dip with this, i used a mint yogurt dip that i love to eat with practically everything.
For the dip:
You just blend together mint, yogurt and a pinch of salt.The simple things that make life better.
How yum? Come back and tell me.
Cheesy Broccoli Fritters
- 1 head broccoli
- 100 grams shredded cheddar cheese (you can also use Parmesan)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Grate the broccoli florets into a bowl, Break an egg in and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients together and using your hands shape the mixture. Grease your baking tray and place them on top. Bake in the oven at 400F/200C for 15- 20 minutes.
- Serve with dip of your choice.