The best thing about this recipe is you can use any veggies you want, you can substitute spinach with mushrooms and it still works great you just need to cook mushrooms for 5-7 minutes. This is an easily adaptable recipe.
Green Penne Pasta
- 1 chicken breast chopped/Diced.
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 cups Bok Choy
- Few basil leaves chopped
- 100 grams Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons whip cream. (Cooking whip cream)
- salt to taste
- 250 grams penne pasta
- Add the olive oil in a pan, and place on heat, Sauté onions in olive oil until cooked and slightly turning brown. Add the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and sauté until chicken is ready.If you cut smaller cubes they cook faster, 10 minutes maximum and the chicken is ready. Add your pre-cooked pasta and the spinach and Bok choy. check for salt and add if needed, then add the basil leaves or dry basil. Stir through. Pour in the whipped cream and stir through. Let this cook for about 3 minutes. Top with the cheese and take off heat and serve
- To cook the pasta: Add water to a large pot, Add salt to taste. A nice trick is to also add a few prigs of rosemary to the pasta water. this will give quite a nice aroma to it and when it mixes with the basil in the chicken they will just taste amazing! Ok, once water is boiling, add the pasta and cook for however long the package requires minus 2 minutes. So if package says 10 minutes cook for 8, so you later don’t end up with broken overcooked pasta. Drain pasta and add to pan then proceed with steps above.