Saturday mornings are for pancakes right? Can you already tell that my favorite food is pancakes by now? What’s not to love honestly. The only downside really is pancakes can be quite unhealthy to eat more often, but you see I try to make them as healthy as I can. So stick with me if you love pancakes and we can justify eating them everyday together!
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 banana Blended (just mashed if you prefer)
- ½ cup blueberries (As many blueberries as you like)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs
- For the syrup:
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup sugar (sub with honey)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- Pour lemon juice into milk and let sit for 5 minutes. You can skip this step if you have buttermilk. Then you don’t need the lemon juice.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl mix together the banana, milk mixture eggs. Combine very well.
- Whisk the liquid mixture into the dry mixture .Fold in the blueberries and don’t mix any further.
- Grease your pan with a little butter and pour in the batter 2 tablespoons at a time(or as much as you want the pancake to be thick). Cook each side for about 3 minutes.
- For the Syrup; Mix all syrup ingredients in small sauce pan and simmer for 10- 20 minutes. Stir from time to time to prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pan. If you want it thicker with no fruit chunks leave it to simmer for 20 minutes. If you want a lot of fruit chunks, 10 minutes is enough. Cool before pouring onto pancakes.
Happy Blueberry day!