First things first the corn is crucially part of this salad, so when boiling it add in some rosemary twigs and season with salt. trust me your corn will have so much taste later. Then comes the chicken, Rub it generously with the turmeric and salt. A pinch of cayenne if you want some heat in there. I keep the skin on for the chicken because it carries some fat that will melt off into the chicken with the turmeric adding onto out layers and layers of flavor. Then make the salad body. Chop some lettuce, place on your plate. Drizzle with some olive oil, about a teaspoon will do good. Mix it with your hands until all is well coated. ( this is optional if you want to keep it light).Now chop your tomatoes and avocado, squeeze some lemon juice and mix properly. Then assemble everything. You can chop up the chicken and remove the corn fro the Cobb if you want your salad all chopped up and in bite sized. But this is also convenient when you are making it for a large group of people, that way everybody can just assemble everything on to their plate, buffet style.
For the Minty Yogurt salad dressing;
Just blend together chopped up mint, yogurt, lemon juice and avocado.
Like I said a lot of flavor in this salad.
Turmeric Roasted Chicken Salad with Minty Yogurt Salad Dressing
- Chicken (you can use any part)
- Turmeric Powder
- Corn halved
- Rosemary twigs
- Lettuce head
- Rub the chicken with turmeric powder and salt. Make sure its well coated. Place int he oven and bake until cooked. For legs bake at 400 F/ 200 C for 35-40 minutes.
- In the meantime boil the corn. Add some rosemary twigs in the water and salt to the water. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Wash and chop the lettuce head, drizzle with olive oil and mix. Chop the tomaotes and avocados, season with some salt and drizzle with lemon juice. Mix well.
- Make the dressing; Blend together 1 avocado, handful mint leaves and yogurt. Keep adding yogurt a few tablespoons at at time until you get the consistency you wish for.
- Assemble everything on your plate and enjoy!